Compatibility: Dawn theme and other Shopify Free 2.0 themes
In my opinion, Shopify pays a little attention to blog posting and only provide few options.
Things that I would like to see in the future with Shopify's blog articles are the following:
- Articles added as metafield item
- Able to have collection of articles
- Article template layout than can be edited like the index layout
Check DEMO store here 💻. Password: made4uo
I found it as a tedious work to use metafield for category, since you have to go in the article and assign each article to a metafield. It is easier to mark the articles and just tag at once.
What you are buying:
- Create a blog category or menu on the side of your blog
- Hide and show articles
What makes our code better:
- We do not use external libraries, with that being said, our code will have no to minimal effect to your website's speed performance
- We do not leave or add codes use to advertise for our website
- Our code is mobile friendly
To add tags to your article, please follow the instructions below.
1. Go to your Admin page, click Online Store > Blog posts.
2. Mark the checkbox to the corresponding article.
3. Click Actions > Add Tags, then type the tag you want to apply to the selected articles. Lastly, click "Apply changes."
To add a category in your articles, please follow the instructions below.
1. From your Admin Page, go to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.
2. We will need to create a new section. Go to Section folder, click "Add a new section", name it "blog-menu", then paste the code below. Do not forget to click SAVE.
3. We need to create a new blog template. Go to the template folder, add a new template, and follow the settings below. Click "Create template."
4. In the newly created template, paste the code below. Make sure click SAVE.
5. Make sure you make the edited theme live before we can proceed. You can assign the template by going to Online Store > Blog posts > Click on the article.
6. You should see this section (see image below) in your right hand bottom corner. Change it to "menu."
7. You need to customize your theme editor and add the tags that you want to use.
That's it (",)