Compatibility: Dawn 2.0 and above, and Shopify 2.0 FREE themes
Do you have different theme? Message us using "Chat with us"
I am aware that some you are frustrated with my other code so I made a code easier to follow. I added a code that would calculate the header, which can be use to measure how much we bring the content up. Make your header background transparent with the code below.
NOTE: Please be mindful on what is the background image and adjust the font-color accordingly.
What you are buying:
- Mobile friendly transparent header
- Sticky header will still work
- You might have to change the color scheme, depending on your background image
- Simple edits and easy to follow steps
What makes our code better:
- We do not use external libraries, with that being said, our code will have no to minimal effect to your website's speed performance
- We do not leave or add codes use to advertise for our website
- Our code is mobile friendly
Any issues related to the code will be fix with no additional cost, excluding code customization requests. Simply contact us with "Chat with us." We are just a button away.
1. Go to your Admin store > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.
2. Open the header.liquid under the Sections folder.
3. Paste the code below, after the <noscript> section.
4. Next, find the "header-wrapper ", then paste the code below next to it. Make to have a space between words.
See image below for placement.
Is the menu font not legible? Change the color scheme in the header section when you open the theme editor. No extra code needed for that. I advised using the inverse.
Updated 03/19/2023: Code customized to work also with the updated Dawn 8.0 version
That's it. No more DevTools (",)
Hi @Juliette Petit,
This is meant to work at the home page where there is a corresponding banner or slideshow that can be shown with a transparent header. Please contact us using “Chat with us” if you have more questions
Hello, the code looks great on the home page, however, it doesn’t work that well on the other pages. How can I also update it for those pages? Thanks!
The code should not affect the banner btw. Please make sure you have the recommended image size. Shopify recommends 2048×2048
Hello! it all worked thanks! The only thing I’m struggeling with is the banner size of the Dawn theme. My banners turn out pixelated. Hope you can help.
Please contact me at “Chat with us!” so I can assist you better. You need to change the code a little bit