Compatibility: Dawn version 2.5 and above, other Shopify 2.0 FREE themes only
Recently, the Dawn theme had an update in December 2021 that added thumbnail sliders to the desktop version. However, if you're looking to create a more personalized slider with vertical scrolling and zoom features, you're in the right place! In this tutorial, we'll provide you with simple and easy-to-follow instructions for creating a featured product collection slider that fits your unique style and needs.
If you're using version Dawn 2.5 or lower, you can refer to vertical slider for product page.
What you are buying:
- Responsive code and IOS friendly
- Product page section only
- Well written code with NO external library being use
- Product image zoom in hover
- No APP being use
What makes our code better:
- We do not use external libraries, with that being said, our code will have no to minimal effect to your website's speed performance
- We do not leave or add codes use to advertise for our website
- Our code is mobile friendly
Any issues related to the code will be fix with no additional cost, excluding code customization requests. Simply contact us with "Chat with us." We are just a button away.
1. We have to go to our code editor. Shopify admin store > Themes > Edit code.
2. Look for the main-product.liquid under the Sections folder and replace the code below.
3. We have to add a css file just for our slider. Open the "section-main-product.css" under the Assets folder and replace the code with the code below.
Please skip step #5 in the video regarding vertical-media-gallery.js.
Update 2/2/22: When store owners added another section that contains a component slider, the code that we have here is being replace. So I just fix the naming convention to fix it.
Update 3/23/22: I added the icons in the collapsible component that was added in Dawn 4.0 version. I made major change actually. If you notice, the original Dawn code does not really look good with IOS devices. I was able to make this slider somewhat decent in the IOS users.
Update 6/30/22: Update the code so the zoom still function even with one image
Update 04/18/23: Updated to work with newer version (version 9.0) of Dawn
That's it. I hope it didn't make you sweat. (",)