Compatability: Dawn version 2.5 and above, other Shopify 2.0 FREE themes
Dawn theme just had an update on December 2021, and added thumbnail sliders to desktop. I want to make it personalized and did a vertical slider instead with zoom feature. I tried to make the instructions simple and easy to follow.
If you have version Dawn 2.5 and lower, please refer on this link.
What you are buying:
- Responsive code and IOS friendly
- Product page section only
- Well written code with NO external library being use
- No APP being use
What makes our code better:
- We do not use external libraries, with that being said, our code will have no to minimal effect to your website's speed performance
- We do not leave or add codes use to advertise for our website
- Our code is mobile friendly
Any issues related to the code will be fix with no additional cost, excluding code customization requests. Simply contact us with "Chat with us." We are just a button away.
1. We have to go to our code editor. Shopify admin store > Themes > Edit code.
2. Look for the main-product.liquid under the Sections folder and replace the code below.
3. We have to add a css file just for our slider. Open the "section-main-product.css" under the Assets folder and replace the code with the code below.
Please skip step #5 in the video regarding vertical-media-gallery.js.
That's it. I hope it didn't make you sweat. (",)
Update 2/2/22: When store owners added another section that contains a component slider, the code that we have here is being replace. So I just fix the naming convention to fix it.
Update 3/23/22: I added the icons in the collapsible component that was added in Dawn 4.0 version. I made major change actually. If you notice, the original Dawn code does not really look good with IOS devices. I was able to make this slider somewhat decent in the IOS users.
Update 6/30/22: Update the code so the zoom still function even with one image