I have been looking for a way to have customers contact me when they have question about the product. No APP needed, nor need API or subscription. The contact form will include the product title, the product SKU, customer's name, customer's email, and of course the message.
I used EmailJS to fulfill the sending of email using the Gmail account. Therefore, Gmail account is need. EmailJS has a 200 free emails/month. See Emailjs pricing.
This is compatible with Shopify Themes, such as Debut, Supply and Simple. I have not tried other themes yet.
Please check our updated FREE Shopify contact form.
- Gmail account
- EmailJS account
You do not need any coding experience to be able to complete this. Just follow 8 simple steps below.
1. First, we need the Service ID, Template ID and User ID from EmailJS. Please follow this link to set up your EmailJS.
2. Go to Shopify -> Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> then Edit Code.
3. Create a snippet and name it "product-modal-contact-form", under Snippet folder
4. Paste the CODE below.
5. You need to change the highlighted code, and edit the Bold items to your store name, then click SAVE.
6. Go to Section folder and open the product-template-liquid file. Find the code below, usually at line 242.
7. After the code above, paste the code below.
8. Your code should look like below
You can try it now in your website. You can see the quota you have available on the top of your EmailJS dashboard. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions.
Update 9/29/21. Fix the button size issue and the paypal button showing when opening the form