Compatibility: Shopify 2.0 FREE themes only
Looking for a way to showcase your featured products on your website's homepage? A product collection slider can be a great solution! With this simple and customizable code, you can easily create a stylish and responsive slider that highlights your top products in an eye-catching way.
Whether you're looking to promote specific products, sales, or just want to showcase your best-sellers, a product collection slider can help draw attention to your key offerings. Check out our step-by-step guide and start customizing your product collection slider today!
However, it's important to note that this code may not work with the updated Dawn theme on Shopify. In that case, we recommend checking out our updated product collection slider instead.
1. Go to your Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code
2. Go to Section folder and create a section, we will name it "collection-slider"
3. In the new section, paste the code below, then click SAVE
4. Go to Asset folder, create a new file, name it "collection-slider"
5. Open the newly created CSS folder and paste the code below, then click SAVE
6. We need to go to the Asset folder again. Open the global.js file and find the slider-component. At the connstructor, lets add this code below
7. At the initPages section, replace the this.totalPages with the code below
8. At the update() section, replace the this.currentPage with the code below
Your code at global.js should look like below
Updated 10/19/21: For issues with the image has a different height with the ones.
Updated 11/12/21: Added a product-limit range.
Updated 11/24/21: Added a show all button. See the section settings to click the show all button.
Updated 05/22/23: Works with all version of Shopify FREE themes
That's it (",). Let me know if you have questions